Geraldine talked us through the range of services on offer:
- Up-to-date information about services, benefits and issues that affect carers
- Allocation of a caseworker to address specific needs and issues and help to access counselling where appropriate.
- Regular carers’ support groups across Calderdale and a varied range of activities and courses designed to give carers a break and to improve their own health and wellbeing
- Support for carers aged 18-25 with a dedicated worker for Young Adult Carers. This service offers specific activities and support focused on the needs of the age group
- A partnership with Calderdale Council to provide Emergency Backup Plans. Calderdale Council offers Carers Needs’ Assessments to carers, to help them to identify their own needs and apply for support through a support plan, if they are eligible
- Sitters and transport services where Calderdale Carers will arrange and pay for a professional agency to come and sit for a carer to enable them to attend various activities on offer; providing transport and parking costs for those unable to access public transport
We are proud of our ongoing vital partnerships with local services and continue to coproduce where appropriate, welcoming referrals to our café from the various contact points.
Find out more about Calderdale Carers here.