Epilepsy Action is the UK’s leading epilepsy organisation and exists to improve the lives of everyone affected by the condition. They are a member-led association, meaning they are led by and represent people with epilepsy, their friends, families and healthcare professionals, with a commitment to supporting people every step of the way through living with the condition.
As a forward-thinking and proactive care provider, we have existing policies in place to support and care for residents living with epilepsy and those who are prone to seizures. This training will further support our staff in best practice procedures in our care facilities.
The course is written by the UK’s leading epilepsy organization and peer reviewed by healthcare professionals. It is informed by recent research, NICE guidelines and CQC standards; promoting the CQC’s fundamental standards of: Person-centred Care, Dignity and Respect, and Safety.
By completing the course, our staff will:
- Have a greater understanding of epilepsy is, and how it is diagnosed and treated
- Know how to recognise a seizure, and what to do
- Know how to record seizures
- Be able to interpret an epilepsy care plan
- Be able to put safety measures into place to keep people with epilepsy safe
- Understand how epilepsy can affect wellbeing
- Understand what they need to do to support someone taking anti-epileptic drugs
We look forward to updating you on our progress following training.